Monday, July 6, 2009

I got the blues


Last week I mentioned I should probably start using blue since my last few projects have been red & green combos. Here is proof that I kept my word for once!



I found this and this tutorials for the little basket, there were techniques on each tutorial that I liked so I combined the two with great results.
I even tried a decorative stich on the little handles just to make the basket "my own".











This little top is 42" x 42" and I plan to free motion quilt it on my John Flynn frame. I bought the frame on the Road to California show about 3 years ago, tried it once and it worked out ok, It deserves another chance.




I'm guesstimating these projects only used about 1 yard of stash since most of the strips used were given to me as scraps, I pulled a couple of 1/2 yard pieces for the linning of the baskets and the borders on the top. I did manage to find a 3 1/2 yard green piece for my Rectangles, a Gudrun Erla pattern from Fon's & Porter's Love of quilting Easy Quilts magazine

With that said, here is the stash report for week 27
Fabric Added Week 27: 0 yardsFabric
Added Year to Date: 76 1/2 yards
Fabric Used Week 27: 4 1/2 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 48 1 /8 yards

No comments: