Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's a girl!

I was very determined to finish the scrappy stars top asap, but the stars had a different plan! I ran out of the red fabric! It now has to wait until I decide where to go from here. Fortunately, While on the search for the needed fabric, I came across four left over Sun Bonnet Sue blocks from a previous project. Upon closer inspection, the reason why they were orphan blocks it's because the block borders were the same fabric and no matter how I arranged them, they were touching each other, what to do now? The yellow fabric to the rescue! Once the light bulb went on, I quickly put my blocks together and this is the result!



I was so excited about completing a project; I put in a border, found a backing piece and pin basted it for machine quilting, even have the binding strips ready to go! The plan is to quilt diagonal lines using the mock hand-quilting stitch on my machine. Soon, very soon... I am determined!



No comments: