Fabric added YTD: 92.5 yards
Fabric used this week: 11 yards
Fabric used YTD: 47 yards
Net used for 2010: -45.5
I've NEVER sewed as fast as I've done this week, I finished a King sized top in two weeks!. I love the fabrics on the over the line project and the pattern is simple enough, but sewing the same fabrics over and over was getting boring. That was the driving force for the marathon sewing, I wanted it done. Borders are added and I went as far as using left over pieces or scraps for the backing.
I tried to spread it on my couch for a full picture, but the little peanut decided to help. Besides, the top is so big, about 106 x 106, I don't have any surface big enough for it in this house.
Here is the finished top folded and waiting for the next step.
The pieced backing. This was inspired by some quilts I've seen on the Internet, it was not as easy as it looked. I do love the look, but having used almost all the scraps from this project is the icing on the cake.
I worked late into Friday night on a self-imposed deadline, I wanted to finishing both the top and backing and have them ready for layering Saturday morning at class. Well, class was cancelled because of the rain, or rather, because most ladies didn't want to go to class in the rain :-). Plan B. Actually, I have to figure out a plan. I do have a couple of cutting tables, but I don't think they will be big enough for this top.
I was still in the mood for sewing but did not want to go thru fabrics or patterns to get a new project started, work on a UFO or current project. So... I sewed strings on a paper foundation and made these:
16 - 8 1/2" unfinished string blocks, enough for a baby quilt. I've always loved scraps and I know some very generous people (Hi Ann!) who have given me scraps in the past. I usually like high contrast and the medium tones are always put aside, until now. They look pretty and soft, with a soft floral pink for sashing, it will be perfect for a baby girl.