Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stash Report Week 16

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
FabricAdded Year to Date: 75 yards
FabricUsed this Week: 5 4 /8 yards
FabricUsed Year to Date: 37 1 /8 yards

Fabric used this week was for the bears in the farmhouse backing, for some one who doesn't like stripes, I sure had plenty! or maybe it kept cloning itself while in storage. Regardless of how it came to be, I want this particular fabric GONE! so I used it to piece the backing. The centered block was an aftermath of my playing with the 9 patch from last week, I had already cut the background triangles, but they did not work, but they do here.


Since this was spring break for our local school district we didn't have our Saturday morning class this Saturday. I invited myself to a friend's (Hi Ann!) house for a day of sewing and pretended we were in class. Ann just came back from a week long retreat up north in Turlock, CA and had two bags full of scraps. We spilled the contents on the floor and spent the entire morning sorting the scraps and having tons of fun. After a lunch break, we started on ironing, cutting and some sewing on scrappy blocks (forgot my camera for a picture). It was a great therapeutic quilting day.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

oh, that all sounds like fun!