Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stash Report Week 34

Fabric Added: 3 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 79 1/2 yards
Fabric Used Last several weeks: 25 1/2 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 73 5/8 yards

I'm so excited the stash was used this last few weeks, my sister and her daughter's visited for summer vacation and slaved me to the sewing machine. I did not mind it as the house was clean, dinner cooked and laundry done by the time I came back from work so it was a good trade of skills. I just wish we lived closer to each other, I can get used to having my housework done for me in exchange of fun, play time, I mean, work.
My niece made three tote bags, two pillows and a throw blanket for her bed. I made two crib sheets, a child's apron, 2 fabric baskets and I cut 10 1/2 yards of fabric (mostly scraps, except for the 5 1/2 yards of white background) for Ann Smith's Summer Mystery. These are the units I've done so far Not much progress for a one day mystery, in my defense, I got sidetracked by the little triangles from the flying geese corners. These little gems were so cute that I just started playing with them instead of the main units. I have trimmed about 300 of these into 1.75" squares with about that many more still to be made and or trimmed. Now for the added fabric report, my daughter requested an apron with the stipulation that it be "funky" I don't know if these fabrics are funky enough for a teenager, but I liked them.

Overall, a nice dent in the stash. I have intentions to keep it up this week.

No comments: