Sunday, May 9, 2010

Birthday and Mother's Day Present

Fabric Added this week: 0 yards
Fabric Added YTD: 131 yards
Fabric used this week: 2 1/2 yards
Fabric used YTD: 56 yards
Net used for 2010: -76 yards

Just a small usage of the stash this week . My first born had a Birthday and she requested an apron. Well, she asked for it several months ago but typical procrastinator that I am I figure her Birthday was a good opportunity to finally get it done.
Of course there were scraps left over, so I used them to make her an iPod cozy as a Mother's Day present, I found the tutorial at sewmamasew While searching for a matching backing fabric for my daughter's apron, I found this other child size apron I had started (last year?) for my friend's daughter. Figured I may as well finish it too. Unfortunately the already made ties and the extra fabric (to make new ties) were nowhere to be found.
I hate it when that happens. I'll have to get creative and maybe use some ribbon? Should I dig in all of the scrap boxes and find the missing pieces? Hummmm, creativity sounds like the best option.

No comments: