Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Stash Report - August 21st 2011

Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  52 3/4 yards
Fabric used this week:  5 1/2 yards
Fabric used YTD:  79 3/4 yards
Net used for 2011:  27  yards

I have a 95% finish on an UFO.  This is my little sister's quilt on originally on position 11, she spent 2 weeks visiting with me and ask for her quilt to be finished. I used 5 1/2 yards of fabric pieces for the backing and a couple of additional strips for the binding as it was a little short, I guess I measured wrong before.

My  sister was hoping she would take it home and helped me layer and pin baste it. I quilted it with random loops and hearts with black thread and a scrappy red binding.

 Unfortunately she couldn't take it home, but I will finish it and will count for this month's UFO challenge. I have to make a label, hand sew the binding down, wash it and take pictures. Hopefully today!.

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

I would love to see a picture of the top. I adore red, white and black quilts and the border fabric you choose is perfect.

Melanie said...

Your sister's quilt is beautiful! I hope she knows how lucky she is. :)