Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday Stash Report and Unintentional Change of Plans

Fabric Added this week:  0 Yards
Fabric Added YTD:  0 yards
Fabric Used this week:  0 Yards
Fabric Used YTD:  0 yards
Net used for 2012:  0 yards

The stars and universe finally aligned for me and my quilting (Or so I thought). I had the time, solitude and desire to do something quilting related on New Year's Eve day, the days started with an enthusiastic and energetic search for fabric for the QTMystery NYE mystery.  Everything was going along great, I started building momentum and had most of the cutting done,  "humm, should I change my blade? it's kind of dull..Ok, a few minutes can be spared". "Wow, what a difference a new blade makes, nice! Just two more fabrics to cut then to the sewing machine, I can't Wait!".. 
BUMMMMMEEEER!, had to wait as my left index finger got in the way and the skin from the base of my nail to the finger tip was transfer from my hand to the space between that nice, smooth, sharp blade and the rotary cutter.   Ok, Quilty day over. 
Talk about unintentional change of plans!
It's all right, I should have been taking a nap anyway, now it was mandatory in order to recuperate from the extensive bleeding and throbbing pain.  Since I hadn't worked on my 2012 UFO challenge list, What better time to do it? Well, I didn't work on the list on  the same day but a few minutes ago.  The list is done and posted on the side bar, its all 8 UFO's that didn't get finished in 2011 plus 4 newer projects. Good thing too, since Judy opened the 2012 UFO List back up for just a few days and I still get a chance to sign up.