Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - July 11th 2010

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added YTD: 143 yards
Fabric used last week: 9.5 yards
Fabric used YTD: 75.5 yards
Net used for 2010: -67.5 yards



Wow! I kept my goal of getting caught up with Judy's June Mystery . When I started to put clue #5 together I was a little disappointed on my choice of fabrics, there is not enough contrast in the two pinks, but it was looking better and better as I went along, I actually like it a lot!.
Most evenings this week, I worked on getting all my blocks finished, it's surprising how pretty the pink and orange combo look together. Saturday was spent sewing the blocks together into a top.I was so excited about my progress that I kept going well past midnight last night. All three borders were added last night and the top is done!.
There is enough fabric left to make a second top, but I want to change the orange to be the medium accent and a hot pink to be the dark accent. More fun for me this week!.

5 comments:

Sarah P. said...

Pink and orange, my kind of quilt!!! Super happy and bright, very nicely done!

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, I love your mystery quilt colors! The quilt looks beautiful - and 9.5 yards used: way to go! Happy sewing!

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty! Love the pink with the orange/ceddar - great combination!

Amy said...

Your quilt looks great with the pink and orange.

Judy D in WA said...

I'm glad you jumped in the pool with the rest of us. I'm always willing to encourage. :-) Your top turned out fabulous. I love your colors.