Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - July 11th 2010

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric added YTD: 143 yards
Fabric used last week: 9.5 yards
Fabric used YTD: 75.5 yards
Net used for 2010: -67.5 yards



Wow! I kept my goal of getting caught up with Judy's June Mystery . When I started to put clue #5 together I was a little disappointed on my choice of fabrics, there is not enough contrast in the two pinks, but it was looking better and better as I went along, I actually like it a lot!.
Most evenings this week, I worked on getting all my blocks finished, it's surprising how pretty the pink and orange combo look together. Saturday was spent sewing the blocks together into a top.I was so excited about my progress that I kept going well past midnight last night. All three borders were added last night and the top is done!.
There is enough fabric left to make a second top, but I want to change the orange to be the medium accent and a hot pink to be the dark accent. More fun for me this week!.

5 comments:

Sarah P. said...

Pink and orange, my kind of quilt!!! Super happy and bright, very nicely done!

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, I love your mystery quilt colors! The quilt looks beautiful - and 9.5 yards used: way to go! Happy sewing!

Kare said...

Very, very pretty! Love the pink with the orange/ceddar - great combination!

Amy said...

Your quilt looks great with the pink and orange.

Judy said...

I'm glad you jumped in the pool with the rest of us. I'm always willing to encourage. :-) Your top turned out fabulous. I love your colors.