Fabric used this week: 4 1/2 yards - (3 1/2 for June mystery backing, 1 yard for Planet Patchwork mystery border)
Fabric used YTD: 91 yards
Net used for 2010: -52 yards
A productive week (mostly weekend) for me. Started by cutting into a cute little birthday cake. I loved the candles my daughter choose, it's my exact sentiment when I'm asked how old I am.
My birthday present arrived Friday afternoon, just in time to start the Quiltathon. The sewing table, not the machine. :-) The custom insert will ship in the next three weeks.
Sewing from Friday afternoon until Saturday evening yielded 50 16- patch blocks made from 2" scrappy squares. These squares are cut as I come across scraps and they been accumulating for a while. It was the perfect project since I just wanted to sew.
By Saturday evening, I was tired of these scraps and a little frustrated since by this time I kept coming across the same prints. Time to work on something different. My Planet patchwork top was nearby.... Two borders with cornerstones were added.
Once this top was completed, I decided to prep the backing for the June mystery from Judy at patchworktimes . I used two 64 inch panels to get a 64" x 84" piece.
I'm a little tired, but I had lost of fun!. Now to go and find a suitable backing fabric for the Planet Patchwork top and take a batting inventory, if I have big enough pieces I might get these two tops sandwiched soon. Maybe in time for next Sunday's stash report.