Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Stash Report - March 27th 2011

Fabric added this week:  5 1/2 yards
Fabric added YTD:  8 1/2 yards
Fabric used this week 3 3/4 yards
Fabric used YTD: 28 yards
Net used for 2011:  19 1/2 yards

On Tuesday, I realized I had forgotten  another niece was having a Baby Shower this Saturday(yesterday) Typical me, I waited to the last minute. Soooo I whipped up a baby quilt in record time! Started it Wednesday afternoon, a Trip Around the World top made in an couple of hours.  Left it alone on Thursday and Friday (I had overnight babysitting duty for the little peanut) and back to layer, quilt, bind and label on Saturday morning.
Learned a lot from this little project.  I wanted to make a quilt without using a neutral color such as white, tan or cream.  It kind of worked but I didn't think about that pink being repeated on the border and how it blends with the top.
Don't use a stripe fabric unless you have time to rip out patches with the lines going on a different direction.
 The label should have been made with a solid thread, the variegated thread worked great for the diagonal quilting, not so much for the label. 

Final lesson, machine binding should not be attempted when in a rush and having three people looking over your shoulder while tapping their foot and switching from pointedly looking at their watch and at you with dart shooting out of their eyes. I loved every minute of it!, I mean, the quilting not my sisters being mean to me. 
My well earned reward was 4 1/2 yards of white on white, (LOL) and one yard of a purple print.  I do need them for my next project!

No comments: