Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another Finish!

Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  46 1/2 yards
Fabric used this week:  0 yards
Fabric used YTD:  53 3/4 yards
Net used for 2011:  7 1/4 yards

My numbers this week are the same as last week.  It's ok, I'm happy with my latest finish, the Jelly Roll Race top.
It was also bound with the faux pipping from tlc stitches, I had made enough for the two green & purple quilts.  The FMQ'ng did get better as I went along,
Not to bad looking on the back either

I also pulled some Christmas fabric from the stash and made several bundles, I just can't decide with fabric grouping to start with or which pattern.  I thought maybe a double irish chain with these

Or Mary's Churn dash stars with these other fabrics
This group of fabrics is my least favorite, I can't even think of a pattern for them

I also grouped these darker fabrics, which are pretty nice but I can't picture them together in any particular quilt design
I'll make up my mind soon, after finishing those two quilts, I'm eager to get started with some fresh piecing.  Although, while stash diving, I got to tidy up the sewing room a bit and found some UFO's that should be worked on, the last UFO I worked on  from Judy's UFO challenge was March....That makes me 4 months behind. Maybe I can squeeze one more finish this month?  I hope so!  Finishing a project feels just as good as starting a new one.

2 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Congrats of the finish... I also did a bit of room cleanup and found some UFOs, so I am going to work on those for a bit. But, it iis so tempting to get into a new project.
liz

Angie in SoCal said...

Congrats on the finish. What a nice stash you have to dive in. All those fabrics are neat.