Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Stash Report - July 3rd 2011

Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  46 1/2 yards
Fabric used this week:  9 yards for 2 backings, 2 yards binding
Fabric used YTD:  53 3/4 yards
Net used for 2011:  7 1/4 yards

I'm so excited about my usage numbers, I found one of the lost notebooks and figured out I had not counted all the fabric I used (aka cut) for both the Courthouse Step quilt and the Jelly roll race. This week I'm adjusting for one of the backings and binding , and reporting actual usage as I prepared the backing for the Jelly roll top and a mock pipping/binding for both quilts. I'm back on the black, sweet!.

Speaking of mock pipping, I tried  this tutorial at TLC stitches  and love the results. It's very nice and neat, specially because it allows for decent looking machine sewn binding, but the time saved by not hand sewing is taken by the extra steps.  Not enough sewing time in my life and  I don't particularly care for the extra work.   Overall, I'm happy that I tried it. 
With that said, Courthouse steps is done, washed and ready to go home with the little peanut!.
.  Yesterday while in my Saturday Quilting Group class, I layered and pin basted the Jelly roll race top and it's now in the sewing room waiting for me to start the quilting. The idea is to try a different pattern on each strip but I'm getting cold feet now.  I definitely do not want to stitch in the ditch but it's a lot of rows and I want it done this weekend if possible. 
Of course, I'm going to give myself a couple of hours this morning to browse other stash reports at Judy's Patchworktimes.com , then get started with finishing my quilt.  I know I'll find lots of inspiration and good company!

PS. I've been trying to find a reply to comment button but I guess it doesn't exist since I couldn't find one.  I finally took the time to really explore blogger and found where I was supposed to fill in my email address and reply from there.... I've only been blogging for a few years now, jeeezzzeee!  I have more work to do before I get in the sewing room this morning!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Courthouse Steps is gorgeous! Love all the green and purples.

Congratulations on being back in the black!