Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Stash Report October 16th 2011

Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  52 3/4 yards
Fabric used this week:  10 yards
Fabric used YTD:  91 1/4 yards
Net used for 2011:  38 1/2 yards

Eleanor Burns book Irish Chain in a Day says it takes 8 3/4 yards to make a double Irish chain top for a double bed, so that's what I'm counting as  used to make this pink and white top
Then there was a yard of the border pink on my top I shared with my friend Pat, she is also using it in as a border on her latest quilt top.  The last yardage was used to bind my latest UFO (September) finish, I had prepared a scrappy binding when I finished the top a long time ago, but I feel it was too busy
Since I FMQ'ed it with a golden thread, I stayed with the theme and cut into a piece of a gold/tan, I like it!

I think it worked much better than the scrappy binding. I also decided to machine finish the binding for the sake of time since this is only my fourth UFO finish of the year, I'm behind 6, YIKES!.
 Here is another shot from a different section
Today, I'm concentrating  in finding a suitable backing for the double Irish chain top or at least a few pieces I can sew together.  Maybe finishing another UFO? 

1 comment:

Quiltsmiles said...

Congratulations on so many nicely finished quilts!
I just became a follower of your blog. I will be back to visit again since you do such lovely work and progress. Jane