Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Stash Report October 31st, 2010

Fabric added last 2 weeks:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  148 1/2 yards
Fabric used last 2 weeks: 0 yards
Fabric used YTD:  96 1/2 yards
Net used for 2010:  -46 1/2 yards

Another two weeks have gone by and I didn't used stash fabric, well, that's not completely true as I did start cutting this fabric for Judy's L mystery quilt
I'll count it as used as soon as the top is done.  I completed clue #1 and started with clue #2,

not too bad as I decided to start with the mystery when the second clue was posted.  I had no intention of starting a new project, as a matter of fact, free motion quilting my New Year's mystery quilt was my current project, but I had to stop when I sewed my right hand middle finger to my quilt! Amazingly; pain was not the first thing my brain registered when it happened, it was the clunk and snap of the needle when it broke in two pieces after coming out of my finger... I'm ok now, a little sore but it's healing fine. The quilting is fine as well, finished even.

I've also been knitting, mostly in the vanpool on my way back home from work, the morning commute is about 1 hour but mostly dark when we are on the road.  The afternoon commute takes a little longer about an hour to 1 1/2 hours and that's when I knit.
This is a free pattern I picked up at either Joann's or Michael's.  It is also the first garment pattern I ever knit.  The yarn is an old acrylic skein from almost a decade ago, but I wanted to try it out before investing in a good quality natural fiber yarn.  I thought I wouldn't like knitting something with a "shape" but it's going ok, I'm liking it. 
Now, I need to get started or rather continue on with both the New Year's mystery quilt binding and Judy's new mystery, I hope to have it all done before the little peanut shows up at noon today.   I'll share my progress next week.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I sympathize with sewing your finger to the quilt. I did the same thing about two months ago - my faithful companion - Wrigley, stepped on the foot as I was pulling out a pin. Voila~~~~1 sewn finger,1 broken needle. Glad to hear you are healing.

Kate said...

Oh, ouch! Beautiful fabric choices for the mystery quilt. I want to do that project, but haven't had time to pull the fabric.