Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Stash Report - November 14th 2010

Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  152 yards
Fabric used this week:  3 yards - 2 pillowcases
Fabric used YTD:  105 1/2 yards
Net used for 2010:  -37 1/2 yards

I feel like I sewed a lot this week but don't have anything substantial to show for it.  I made  two pillowcases for my friend's birthday gift last Sunday, they will be photographed when I finish the apron I plan to make and include with the gift.  I continued to make blocks for Connect the dots to make it a 6 x 8 block layout; just to make it a little bigger than Judy's original design. It took me all morning yesterday to finish the top.  I'm happy with the results:

The next step is to decide what to do about borders as I ran out of the green and background fabric, there is still plenty of the pink and the brown floral, so I'm thinking a thin pink inner border followed by a 6 1/2" floral border with pinwheel cornerstones (I made extra green and cream half square triangles, enough for 4 pinwheel blocks).  Another option is to find a similar green and use that instead of the pink, there seems to be too much pink on the top already.  While I'm letting these ideas brew for a bit, I'll continue to hand sew my New Year's mystery binding.  I may have a finished and freshly washed quilt on my bed by tonight.  I suppose I better get off this computer now. :-)

1 comment:

Jo said...

I made more blocks for mine too...I am trying to figure out borders too. I love the look of yours.