Sunday, January 30, 2011

She is home!

Fabric added this week:  0 yards
Fabric added YTD:  2 yards
Fabric used this week:  1/2 yard
Fabric used YTD:  14 yards
Net used for 2011:  12 yards

I brought my new machine home!
She is my reward for not buying so much fabric in the last couple of years as well as a late Christmas present for myself, I think I saved enough money on fabric to pay for her and a couple of accessories.

  My old girl also earned a reward of her own, she FMQ'd a nice meandering on my January UFO challenge with minimal problems or thread breakage.  She is at the shop getting a nice overall maintenance service.  I timed the comings and goings so I'm not without a sewing machine, I'm happy.

On the quilting front, I finished quilting my Bears in the Farm UFO. 
Once again, I chickened out and just quilted meandering, every time I tell myself I will try a new pattern or design but I always end up with just the meandering as I want it done and I'm pressured for time; maybe I will on the next quilt. (old song, I know...)
I couldn't remember if I had prepared the binding for this quilt when I finished the top, a half-hearted search didn't yield anything so half a yard of green was cut into strips for it.  I have two sides hand sewn with plans of finishing the other two by this evening, then it will be play time with my new girl; she will have the privilege of sewing those NYE mystery blocks into a top.  I also plan to finish two flannel baby quilts for gifts due next Saturday.  I'm happy she is home!

No comments: