Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quiltathon Saturday

I'm so happy to be quilting along with Judy and other bloggers, it has been a productive and fun day. So far, I free motion quilted this 42" scrappy top that I put together back in July of last year . The meandering was easy and fun, I'm just a little rusty, it's been a while sine I free motion quilted last. The backing is a cute precious moments flannel, this will be perfect for a new baby boy. I know three expecting women so I'm hoping at least one of the new babies is a boy. Here's a little close up of the quilting, a little jerky but I love the texture and feel of it. The plan is to make the binding and sew it on while at Ann's, I'm going to her place for more playing, I mean quilting, it is so much more enjoyable with good company.

An even closer picture. :-)

My Jacob's Ladder top has been prepared for quilting as well and I'm ambitiously wanting to get it quilted today or at least by tomorrow. The picture below shows the two thread colors I plan to use.
I'm feeling a little disappointed that I didn't make it to the Road to California show this year, this will be the second year I miss it, however, getting some old project done and spending time with friends makes up for it. Seeing other quilters work today will also make up for it.

3 comments:

bettinag1 said...

love the quilts and making play time with friends is fun

KatieQ said...

The blue strips make an inviting baby quilt. Your free motion quilting enhances the snuggle appeal.

Vivian said...

Glad you stopped by my blog. Your quilting looks great. Do you have a long arm or are you using a regular sewing machine?