Speaking of joy, I was very excited to participate on Ann Smith's New Year's Eve mystery, I had selected my fabrics in early December and was eager to get started. There were, however, some "forgotten" blocks from last summer's mystery hanging around in a pizza box, how could I start a new mystery when the previous one was still unfinished? I challenged myself to finish the summer mystery or I wouldn't start the new one. Here is the finished top Here it is with borders on, it is big about 85" x 104" and I love it! The best part? I could now start on the new mystery!
I made over 600 of these half square triangles, somehow my math failed me and I was short a few, had to piece scraps of the brown fabric to complete my planned blocks. (I later found the stack of "unmade" patches under the sewing machine).
Here is what a few blocks look like:
And a set of 9 blocks.
The design is beautiful and I'm very pleased with it. Managed to complete 42 blocks and will be putting them together this coming week.
As for the stash report, I did buy fabric yesterday, there was a clearance sale and scored 6 yards of 110" backing fabric for $3.00 a yard, couldn't pass it up. I'm giving myself this week to get a good tracking system established, I should have my starting numbers by next weekend. In the meantime, I'll be working on my mystery blocks and have them become a wonderful quilt top.